Few people have the opportunity to use heart, hands and head to help people in their greatest moments of need. Even with very minimal training and experience, you can do just this as an ER Medical Scribe with Integritas. Apply here!
2022 might be your year to take a risk and do something new, rewarding, and fulfilling. We will walk alongside you to make sure you get the training you need to be successful. And you will end each shift with the joy of knowing you have made a difference in someone’s life.
So, what does an ER Scribe do?
The primary responsibility of an ER Scribe is to document a patient’s electronic medical record for a physician, right in the exam room alongside the physician while the exam is underway. Being a scribe gives you direct, live access to physicians practicing medicine, making this an ideal choice for candidates looking to get started in the medical field (Pre-Med students, EMTs, and paramedics are encouraged to apply!). You will interact constantly with your physicians, getting to know them and learning about their approaches to patient care. The opportunities for learning and growth are endless!
This is an exciting, fast-paced job, and we will work with you to create a schedule that works for your life, allowing you to continue to pursue your education or career goals throughout your time with Integritas.
What is it like working for Integritas?
At Integritas, we are committed to helping our employees and their families and have created a benefits plan that promotes physical, financial, and emotional/spiritual wellbeing.
This full time position is eligible for benefits such as:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid leave – vacation, personal, caregiver, bereavement
- 401(k) safe harbor match with potential for profit sharing
- Company-paid education and training, including up to $1,500 in education reimbursement
- Disability, life, and AD&D insurance paid for by Integritas
- Gym membership stipend
List of Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the provider to each patient room in order to document the patient’s visits into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Provide ancillary clerical services to the providers which includes retrieving old medical records, lab results, radiology results, making phone calls, relaying messages, and any other clerical operations that would assist the provider in his or her function
- Provide patient comfort measures as requested and permitted
- Adhere to mandatory Integritas and/or healthcare facility policies, as outlined with the employee handbook or facility guidelines
- Scribes are not permitted to provide any clinical aide or have any patient contact
- Participate in quarterly lunch meeting
- Stay informed and follow HIPAA guidelines
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Available for 8 hour shifts
- Current shift: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Potential for additional hours and shifts
- Available for weekday/weekend/nights/holidays
- Experience with EMR systems and medical chart processes preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
- High level of computer literacy
- Able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities effectively
- Able to organize and plan well
- Able to build effective relationships / leadership / management / providers / nursing staff
- Able to manage time effectively
- Able to learn quickly and self-motivate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Works well independently and within a team
- Previous Scribe experience preferred, but not required
- Completion of a medical terminology course and/or currently enrolled in a program that contains medical terminology